Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Thursday 17 May 2012

Week 7 Journal Entry


This week was alway going to be the week when it all came together, it did but not without a little problem.When we recieved the mapped model from Charlie somehow the skin had unattached itself from the bones , the envelopes had been lost. we had one of two choices, re-do the envelopes or re-do the materials.

We decided between us that the easiest solution was to just re-colour it. So I started on that why Karl made a start with the presentation.



I again used a Multires, just because this would have took sooo much longer if I hadnt of because of the amouth of faces there were.Then i selected the majority of a part using the element selection tool in the edit poly column under modify, and if there were any stray faces i missed , i selected them seperatly with the Polygon tool, once this was all selected I just used the material editor , picked the material, and dragged and dropped it on to the highlighted surface. this was a relativly easy task and took me around about an hour to finish.


Once I had completed the materials, I passed it over to Karl to make it move.

So once we had the Walk cycle/Animation layer back onto him, it was ready to animate!

It was a good job we made the origional grey copies of the movements because we were able to try them Chroma key'ed into the video footage, and from that we realised that we would havto put the model against a blue background as when we tryed it with a black background we got a black haze around the figure, we changed the background colour by going to the rendering option, then environment and to background colour.

Karls Movements on 3ds max...
This series of movements is very effective and portrays the animation being shot very well.

Again just a simple movement as the clip will only last for a couple of seconds, so we pefered him to move a little rather than just stand their like a still photo.


The long shot was created using a camera at medium length, so when scaled down in size on Premier Pro it didnt lose any detail or Quality.

The over the shoulder shot was pretty simple, just placing a freehand camera behind the model on 3ds max..

once we had these shot it was a fairly simple task of using the Chroma key and inserting them into the video footage on Premier Pro.



No comments:

Post a Comment