Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Thursday 3 May 2012

Week 5 Journal Entry


Audio and Visual was a huge week for us this week as we needed to know how to add an effect onto video footage . Using the chorma Key under the video effects in keying. I was able to take away the matt plain background and insert the bullet and smoke effect so it looks good. This will withouth doubt help me with the gun shots in our mexican stand off.






This Week I wanted re-material my model to add anouther option for the group to use, I took the origional model back into Z-brush, and used a range of Texture brush's untill i got to this point below.I wanted the model to look more rugged and not as clean as the other model... I did this by creating darker patch's on the knees of the jeans and using earthy colours.


My next step was to get the model from Z-brush to 3ds max, So I exported the model as an object file and imported it in, this gave me the model without mapping. from here I inserted a CATrig and moved the bones untill they sat it a correct place were they would sit inside the scin (model).

When I get to this point, where i can still see bones sticking out from inside the skin, i havto do some touching up and just keep playing around with the structure untill it sits in properly.


The envelopes was the stage of the model which really threw me off to be honest.Didnt quite get this at first untill i seeked help from a tutor, when explained it made complete sense, red and yellow effect which parts of the model move by bone and blue is hardly effected.This on its own took me probably the best part of 8 hours to complete.

Also a problem occured when doing this, the model had far too many polygons as i had sub-divided in Z-brush in order to get greater detail, so the way i had to deal with this was to just ad a MULTIres to each piece of the skin and decrease all polygons to about 10% of the origional amount, this didnt effect the detail in the slightest, i then just attached all the pieces of the skin in edit poly.

In the motion menu I added a walk cycle to the model and it came out rather wierd. Me and Karl will havto take a good look at this next week.

Our Plans have changed very slightly next week because the model isnt walking correctly, so we will havto get on with that before we can start to make the movements to the film.




No comments:

Post a Comment