Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Friday 27 April 2012

Week 4 Journal Entry

In video and Audio this week we looked at the sin city effect which can be applyed in Final Cut/Premier Pro. We have been thinking we might want to tint the colours brown so its almost sepia, so this could be used to give it that slightly more unique look.
So my main aim this week was to create a MORE realistic 3d model , and after about 8-9 hours straight of playing around and trying to keep to my Photoshop picture, i get the result i was looking for....

I researched into the use of Z-spheres in order to expand on my first model, tutorials like the one below was a huge help as it showed step by step and i was able to pick up quite easily techniques and short keys.
This video has been linked from You-tube and is not my own.
I used Z-sphere's to build a Human body shape and moved them into the wanted position, once I was happy i changed the Z-spheres into a Polmesh3d, this allowed me to then edit the Poly, allowing me to subdivide to get more details into the model and sculp onto it with the brush's.


















I then added colour to the model while still being in Z-brush, this was relatively easy in comparison to the sculpting part, although it was important to take time to get a clean finish, several layers were applied to the shirt in order to see the chest coming through.

Because i completed the model a few days in advance, i will have a few days extra next week in which i will be able to mess around with materials and just experiment.

This Week also We Finished the Filming of the live action part of the video. We organised an actor to come in which was a plus because there was no messing around and scenes were performed instantly. Karl edited the film to the music very well, and this looks to be the final cut.


This was acted out on campus as specified in the brief, we were very happy with the background shots, also the actor was given the props to use, and i think they look very good. Only thing i would point out is the blue guns, these wont matter though when the film is tinted brown to give it a western feel.

Note: Charlie starts to create a Opening title screen in 3ds max, his idea is to have saloon doors opening to the the film title of "The Mexican Standoff" and it will zoom in and through the text into the rolling video.

This week has been the most productive yet , getting all of the filming out of the way and having the animated charecter 75% complete, each member of the group is producing good quility work which without doubt should it carry on will create the video we visualised at week 1.

The plan for next week is to all be happy with the model, Import it into 3ds max and get a CATrig inside it, so we can start making it move.Karl needs to research into Cowboys being shot and even just work cycles, and charlie should have finished his title scene with the intent to start the mapping for the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment