Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Thursday 19 April 2012

Week 3 Journal Entry

This week i found both Graphics and design and 3d animation very usefull towards our project.
In Graphics and design i had to create a costume which wasnt generic, so instead of using cow hide as they would have done , I
 use tiger skin for it. When designing my charecter it will be important that he looks like nobody else, so i should make plenty of sketch's like these.

In 3D animation we created simple box models, although i usually use z-brush it was good to try an alternative technique and it wasnt that much harder.


This week it was my task to design the charecter , so i drew a quick sketch of what i wanted it to look like (proportion wise) and scanned it in, then finually edited the materials on Photoshop. this was a quick but effective way of producing a visual first model.

I like the red top but possibly make it look more western by making it checkered?
After i had created this first sketch, i was eager to keep attemting to get a 3d model, i had never really used Z-brush before but wanted to attempt using it, I have previous experience sculpting and this helped me.I came up with this sheriff,but it wasnt anything like what i had in mind , also it was too animated to insert into a real life video.This model would have been perfect if we were creating for a younger age range.




This work will keep developing as i go along and from it we should gain out main animated charecter. I should add the above was a test to see what i could create on the software.

 Again this week its been quite productive, I didnt get that realistic look which i wanted in my 3d model, so Im personally going to haveto put some time into that, in terms of group work, we have worked out what each person needs to produce in order for the presentation to be a sucess so everybody knows what there doing. This is what we broke it down to.....

Lance - Storyboards (Rough & Final Digital)
Concept Art
Test Animations
...
Karl - Shooting Script
Weekly Action Plan
Location Research And Risk Assessment


Charlie - Research Into Special Effects (Examples of industry effects - Review of video and animation techniques)
Research Genre and get examples of concept art for Western movies.
Create a Mood Board (see the Graphics Design module on Xstream)

We realised that we have alot of work todo this coming week in order to stay to the action plan, so i think all of us are going to knuckle down and get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment