Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Thursday 12 April 2012

Week 2 Journal Entry

This week Basic modelling in 3d graphics was a huge help, it helped me to understand 3ds max a little better and at the same time gave us options of what we could inset into our video footage.



I created this sink using basic shapes and modify tools like the taper option, Also i added material to the sink using the material editor and inserting an image. I also took it into my own hands to learn the particle flow system , this could become usefull if we go to add parts to the background.

This week we all had enough time to think of which idea we preferred if any, and all of us came to the same conclusion that the mexican stand off sketch would push us enough, but at the same time be within our skills to produce. I think it is important to note that this decision was made by all three of us because we all knew we could make it work.

CHOSE TO GO WITH MEXICAN STAND OFF......
This Week i decided to research into possible scenes in which cowboys used to have a stand off in.These three below are very generic places.


This town scene would be good to create on 3ds but then their would be not alot of real life in this sketch.

The bar/saloon scene could also work, but it would take alot of time to create.

The rural area looks better , because it would complement the atmosphere of the music.

At this point iIknow im limited to options due the fact that in first year we are limited to only filming on campus, so with this in mind , i think the rural scene is a better option, because the campus has some quite intresting bits on forest etc.

we now know that we are going to move forward in the rural direction, so we should explore the vacinity to find possible places that we could film in.

22/4/2012
Karl managed to find a range of places which could possibly be suitable for our filming, and after collaberation between us all we agree to use this woodland scene found on campus.
This woodland scene is quite atmospheric, and would add to the tension of the sketch.

Our Idea changed at this point at we wasnt shore untill this point from which direction the charecters would come in from, but actually seeing the area we were filming in, i was able to visualise everthing. The project is so far on track, will need to ensure the filming is done ASAP so that we can get on with the animation sides of things.

Im happy with how the group got on this week, each gradually having more individual parts to play but still being extremly productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment