Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Week 1 Journal Entry


Out of the three modules this week i think the most usefull material i learned was to create concept charecters like this using a mixture of human and animal, i woulnt havto use human but its a flawless technique. I shoud defonatly think about using this when making the animations.


As a group we Discussed several ideas, One Idea we liked was a sketch in which a guy sees a button and doesnt know weather to push it or not, so up would pop a devil and an angel either side of his head, and they would try and convince him wether to do it. in the end he would push the button and the place explodes.



i wanted to see how easy it was to create an explosion should we go with this idea so created a quick explosion on 3ds max using the particle Flow feature and then adding an effect over the top, Background is created by simply changing the environment and adding a bmp file. I was happy with this effect considering it was a first attempt




Anouther idea we had was a mexican stand off, between a person and an animation, for this we would havto look into Cowboy films and Spagetti westerns.

As a personal Spagetti Western fan, I automatically jump to this scene, probably the greatest stand off in a Western film, we would havto use this as a basis to our video , scenary, music and acting is all a must to pull off a sketch like this.



We now need to move to the next step and Decide which of these favored two we can move on with and start testing and Researching further.

this week the communication between the group was good , each person said what they thought even if it wasnt the same as anybody elses views, this meant that we had ideas that all of us baught into, if we want our idea to suceed we need everyone working in syncronisation.We need to Ensure that each member of the group has something todo in the coming week.

Our plans havn't changed at this point as were just starting to get the ideas flowing and sticking to the action plan, on target so far.


I think the Group has worked well this week, I notice we all quite simular and if we are intrested in what we are doing, were motivated, so we will just havto watch that we dont slack a little as we get to a little less intresting and more time consuming bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment