Blog Archive

ME & MY AIM

My names lance Bishop and im a young artist from Tamworth , i recently completed college leading me on to university. I have always been a persistant artist even though at times havn't been given the artistic licence to go with my own ideas . My new work has rallied me on to get myself out there and advertise myself and my work, Im a 3d artist moving on to Computer Animaion and Special effects.

please have a look around my work , ecspecially my mummified minotaur , would like to hear your opinions .

thanks.
lance.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Belleville Rendez-Vous Review

This short animated comedy film expresses a grandmothers love for her grandson in a unique and entertaining way and shows her determination to get him back after he is kidnapped in the middle of his race. I particually enjoyed the way the dogs view was incorporated throughout.

The film starts with a merry jingle that sets the atmosphere.
From the music you get the sense that its target audience are that of a younger generation although in the first scene we see explicit video of a topless dancer which makes me think otherwise.

I found a moment in this initial scene which i enjoyed where a man is dragged from the stage, but its the first time were you see a change in perspective and this creates a sense of depth in this hand drawn animation.

The animator uses carecatured hand drawn people in which proportions take very little priority if any, these unquestionably intreagued me to look at them carefully, and in effect kept me glued to the screen.

It soom becomes apparent as it pans out that what were seeing is the tv screen in which the grandmother and grandson are watching, it distinguishes very successfully between the two by changing from grey scale to a much more sepia effect to the colours.

We get very long shots of the city were they live, the music dies down to maximise the vacent effect, being hand drawn there is a sense of space and emptyness which goes hand in hand with the calm background music to allow the audience to feel the mood of their environment.

The grandson becomes committed to being the best cyclist he can be and with his grandmother behind him, pushing him every step of the way, he races in the tour de france.








the grandson is taken by a kiddnapping corporate group which look particually like a mafia.

witth the help of a triplet of old ladys who happen to sing to a melody the grandmother creates , she brings back the grandson after a long chase and intense  few minutes in which she makes her get away from the kidnappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment